[Magento] Add Review Form to Reviews Tab in product view page

First, create your local.xml file at \app\design\frontend\<your_package_name>\default\layout if it doen’t exist. Then add this block to the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<layout version="0.1.0">
        <!-- INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT VIEW========= -->
        <!-- Add Review Form to the Review Tab -->
        <reference name="product.info">
            <reference name="product.reviews">
                <block type="review/form" name="product.review.form" as="review_form" />

Clear the cache in admin page if you are enabling it and refresh the page.

Note: This was done for Magento Community 1.9.

0X8e5e0530 – Installing Apps Error in Windows 8 Store

Hello! Today, I introduce you an error of Windows 8 Store which is not new but not easy to resolve. If you get involved in this trouble, try to google the error code and it will bring you to something like this:

What I did:
Go to settings: Accounts
Your account
Now, at the top of the page, delete the link between your account and your microsoft account, it will ask you to log out.
Relog to your now local account
go to the app store and try to download an app, a screen will show up asking you to use a microsoft account instead of a local account, but at the bottom of this message, there is a little note saying something like “instead log on to my microsoft account every time (not recommended)” Click that
Now it should all work, or at least, it now does for me
To check System Date/Time
Windows + R (Run) > WSReset
Command Prompt > sfc /scannow
But nothing above works for me. I decided to analyze the Windows Error Logs and finally led me to this solution:
First, go to “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync
Delete the folder “metastore” (you can backup it if necessary)
Try Windows + R > WSReset, optionally.
Try to install apps in Windows Store again.
Voilà! Done!
Hope this helps.
You may also delete the folder remotemetastore as well as being mentioned in the comments below.

0x100 – 0x40017 error when trying to install Win8.1

Whoo! Finally, I got my Eight upgraded to 8.1 after the 4th installation. It was so annoyed that the error 0x40017 happened all the time just after step “Applying PC Settings” or “Getting started”. It means 98% of the progress and then it failed and “Your previous version of Windows is being restored”. What a piece of sh*t like that!!!

Well, it’s still lucky that Google has driven me to the right solution that I must uninstall the Kaspersky product which I’m using it. So, I just went on and get it done🙂

Toggle the backup extension – Another script for Dopus

This is my another simple script which is intended for Directory Opus. It allows you to change name of a file/folder to “.bak by default or to remove the “.bak for getting back to the original one just by “click & click” or by a specified shortcut.

Consider one wants to replace a file/folder but he/she doesn’t want to delete or remove it. Add “.bak” to the name is one of many solutions, and I wrote the script just to short the boring steps.

Rename PATTERN * TO *

@script vbscript
Option Explicit

Dim regex
Set regex = new regexp ' Create the RegExp object
Dim backup_ext
backup_ext = ".bak" 'Default backup extension

Function Rename_GetNewName(strFileName, strFilePath, fIsFolder, strOldName, ByRef strNewName)

  regex.Pattern = ".+\" & backup_ext & "$"
  regex.IgnoreCase = true
  if regex.Test(strFileName) Then
    'Get a new name without the backup extension
    strNewName = Mid(strFileName, 1, Len(strFileName) - Len(backup_ext))
    'Append the backup extension to the file name
    strNewName = strFileName & backup_ext
  end if

End Function

Howto: Copy the source code and paste it in a button as the standard function.

Extract MSI button for Directory Opus

Hey, it’s been a long time since my last entry. So, today, I want to share a button script for ones who are using the great file manager “Directory Opus”. It will extract an MSI file to a specified folder path.

Every time you install a program by executing an MSI file, it will copy itself to the installer folder which is a hidden system folder and is located at C:\Windows\Installer. It means the larger the MSI, the more spaces will be occupied. This is the reason why I want to extract MSI files (not always the case because some are non-extractable).

Here is my script:

@set path = {dlgstring|Path to extract:|{sourcepath}}
CreateFolder {$path|noext} READAUTO=no
msiexec /a “{filepath}” targetdir=”{$path}{file|noext}”

The @admin is optional.